Career LevelMid Career
Posted On4 May 2021
Expired Date3 May 2021
Minumum Years of Experience3
Joining Date05 May 2021
Job RoleLogistics and Transportation
Job StatusFull time
The Administration and Logistics Officer will be responsible for providing efficient support and ensure the success of procurement and logistic activities while providing efficient utilization of resources in accordance with applicable standards
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Director of Operations and Finance and Supply Chain Coordinator, the admin Logistics Officer will be responsible for:
- Design and conduct logistics and supply needs assessment and prepares plans based on that;
- Ensure timely supply of fuel, stationary, minor IT equipment and printing;
- Prepare Purchase Requisition (PR) and conduct Bid Analysis of suppliers, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation on certain amendments/ conditions of contracts in full compliance with Rwanga Foundation’s regulations;
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, and retailers;
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs, and efficiency;
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipts;
- Implement procurement including sourcing strategy, vendor selection and evaluation, quality management and performance measurement;
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, maintaining equipment inventories, evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Manage logistics procurement transactions filing system;
- Manage fleet movements, maintenance, and repairs, fuel supply, accident reports as well as ensure proper insurance coverage and safe running conditions of vehicles.
- Plan, prioritize and implement activities related to administrative needs;
- Ensure efficient, effective, responsive, transparent, and accountable provision of administrative services to support the Rwanga Foundation team in the implementation of the activities;
- Arrange office space and necessary equipment for all staff and ensure that all furniture and equipment are in proper order including IT equipment and internet infrastructure;
- Coordinate and work together with procurement staff to get goods and services required for staff and maintenance of office;
- Ensure a clean and healthy environment by ensuring proper maintenance of office premises.
- Perform as security focal point and ensure that all staff is updated on security measures.
- Ensure production and maintenance of up-to-date and accurate administrative records and reports including an organized filing system.
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
- Occasionally traveling off-site to deliver reports or files to other departments.
- Managing budgets, as well as processing purchase orders and payments.
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned.
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary.
- Maintaining general office files, including job files, vendor files, and other files related to the company’s operations.
- Purchasing office supplies, equipment, and furniture.
- Overseeing the maintenance of office facilities, and equipment.
- Performing other relevant duties when needed.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Extensive travel to arrange meetings, conventions, training, workshops, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in fields related to public administration, business administration or any other related field;
- Relevant practical experience in office management, business administration or any other related field;
- Specialized training in administration and logistics is an asset;
- Experience in capacity development and knowledge transfer;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Fluency in English, Kurdish, and Arabic are required.
Rwanga Foundation is a non-governmental organization/ envisages a world where quality education is accessible for all/ and its mission is to provide services/ build capacities and design policies to ensure easy access to education for all and improve the overall educational standards in Kurdistan and the greater global community. Rwanga's Strategic goals are to develop platforms for youths to discover talents and fulfill their potentials/ introduce the latest technology/ including e-learning system to the education process in order to meet the advanced International standards/ create a culture and passion for learning in particular among the youths. Rwanga Foundation is based in Kurdistan and officially launched its activities in September 2013 to conduct projects and activities all over Iraq through its four main sectors of education/ youth/ environment and vulnerable groups.